Sunday, July 20, 2014

What I'll Miss Most

As excited as I am to get to Namibia and start an incredible adventure, I can't stop thinking about all the things that I am going to miss when I am away. In no particular order here's a few of them:

Good Beer
Going to Concerts
Late Night Tasty Burger
Skiing
Watching Sports (mainly football and March Madness)
Fenway Park
New England Seafood
Cannolis from the North End
The White Mountains
etc...

But of course what I'll miss most is the people. The best part of wherever I've been has undoubtedly been the people that I've been lucky enough to surround myself with. Whether in Westboro, Boston, Poughkeepsie, NYC, Australia, etc. I always have amazing family and friends to turn to. The past four weeks is evidence of this.

My college buddies surprised me in Boston and left me with some truly unforgettable memories. Went to Denver and had a great time drinking beer and rock climbing with my brother. Had another amazing 4th of July cookout with the Blois family where I had the best clams and lobster that I'll have for a couple years. Headed down to NYC for some good times with some good friends. Then lastly, had a spectacular going away party where family and friends came to see me off  on my journey.

I'm truly going to miss people more than they know. However, while I'm going to miss family and friends, I can't wait to meet my fellow Peace Corps volunteers. I look forward to forming amazing relationships with some amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment